Scottish Mortgage investment trust has raised £200m through the issuance of two long-term, fixed rate, senior, unsecured private placement notes.
According to the board of Scottish Mortgage, the level of borrowing for the trust has been increased to maintain an "appropriate level of gearing" as its assets continue to grow. The first issuance is a 15-year note with a fixed rate coupon of 2.03%, while the second is a 25-year with a fixed coupon of 2.3%. Both notes are for £100m, denominated in sterling and funded on 10 August 10 2021. Banco Santander S.A. London acted as the placement agent for the transaction. "The ability to raise long-term capital in this way to invest in the outstanding growth companies in the portfolio sh...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.