Pension access, 'safe' funds and financial education - here's our weekly heads-up of articles in the weekend newspapers that may have caught your clients' attention...
Savers seeking to keep early access to pension pots face 2023 deadline Investors must act quickly to protect their pension rights, as government plans to raise the minimum access age have emerged, warns the Financial Times. The government says it could raise the so-called ‘normal pension age' by 2028 to keep up to date with increasing life expectancy. However, to support those who do not want to miss out, the government is giving savers scope to preserve the current national minimum pension age, but only if they transfer their pots to a scheme where the 55-pension age falls within ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.