HM Treasury has confirmed proceeds from green bonds will go towards renewable energy, climate adaptation, energy efficiency, nature restoration and zero emission transport projects.
The Chancellor is expected to unveil critical details about the UK's inaugural sovereign green bond and retail green savings bond in a major speech in the City of London later today. In an address to young leaders and CEOs at Mansion House, Rishi Sunak will provide details about how the state-backed financial instruments will work as he outlines the government's broader vision for the future of the UK's financial sector, the government confirmed late yesterday. In the statement, the Treasury said the debut green bond - otherwise known as a green gilt - and the retail green savings bon...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.