Professional Adviser's investment detective Matt Morris delivers his verdict on developments in the investment and pensions arenas that have caught his eye over the last month
The Remains of the Day Millennials are set to enjoy the largest and most wide-reaching ‘inheritance boom' of any post-war generation but it will come too late and be too unequally shared to solve the generation's home ownership and wealth inequality woes, according to a new report from the Resolution Foundation. Inheritances are set to more than double over the next two decades and peak in 2035, as the generally high-wealth baby boomers - who currently hold more than half of Britain's wealth - progress through old age. The Foundation notes, however, that inheritances are not a silver bull...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.