In this week's video interview for Professional Adviser's Investment Influencers series, where we chat to the most respected individuals who select funds, decide ratings or otherwise influence the allocation of investor fund flows, we hear from James Burns of Smith & Williamson.
Burns co-heads the firm's Managed Portfolio Service as well as leading its Multi Manager team, which oversees the Smith & Williamson MM Global Investment, Defensive Growth and MM Endurance Balanced funds. He also sits on the firm's Asset Allocation Policy Committee. Burns joined Smith & Williamson in 1999 and started working on the firm's investment trust desk in 2001. A Chartered member of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment, he graduated from the University of St. Andrews in 1998 with an MA (Hons). The Investment Influencers series, which has most recently featured S...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.