The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) and the International Baccalaureate have launched a financial services education programme for sixth-form students.
The programme aims to provide practical experience of the financial services sector to UK students aged between 16 and 18 and will be piloted at five secondary schools before being rolled out across the country. Graduates of the programme will have better access to opportunities available at CISI member companies, such as Morgan Stanley, Barclays, BNP Paribas and HSBC - all of which have said they will offer apprenticeship programmes. The programme combines a career-related CISI qualification with at least two International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme courses and a core consistin...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.