Legal & General has made a series of amendments to its group critical illness product including coverage for more illnesses.
The provider has added cover for five more conditions and halved the period before a claim can made from 30 to 14 days for most illnesses. It has also increased the potential benefits available to the lower of five times the scheme earnings or £500,000. The new conditions covered are aplastic anaemia, bacterial meningitis, cardiomyopathy, encephalitis and liver failure. These new illnesses are provided under the additional cover option and take the total number of conditions that can be covered when combining the core and additional options to 38. For total and permanent disabil...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.