Mercer has added enhanced annuity terms to its workplace savings platform in partnership with the Open Market Annuity Service (OMAS).
The non-advisory proposition allows clients to provide medical information online, over the phone or via a questionnaire in order to identify the most appropriate annuity. "We have responded to demand from trustees and employers for a service that delivers excellent results to members at a lower cost," said Alan Whalley, Mercer's UK chief executive. "Until now, corporate provision has lagged behind the individual market, where there is often an adviser providing support. "We are now bridging that gap so company schemes can enable all their members to search the market and secure th...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.