Fund pickers, advisers and their clients agree on the challenges facing investment portfolios in 2023, however, they differ in strategy and expectations for the year ahead, Kathleen Gallagher writes...
After a challenging year across the board for investments, 2023 also looks set to be a difficult one, albeit with slightly more optimistic corners. Inflation and interest rates sit as the primary concern for professional fund selectors around the world, according to a survey from Natixis Investment Managers, which asked 441 institutional investors in 29 countries in November and December last year. Similarly, professional advisers in the UK stated that clients were primarily concerned with capital loss and inflation, while interest rates were generally seen as less of a concern, accor...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.