M&G fund manager Richard Woolnough talks practical economics, job satisfaction and lessons learned with Richard Romer-Lee
How did you get into fund management? I have always been interested in economics and grew up in the 70s when it was in the news every day. At school I was lucky to have a great economics teacher who really encouraged and inspired me. To me, being a fund manager is about being a practical, practicing economist rather than a theoretical one. What keeps you in the industry? I enjoy it. It really is as simple as that. Every day throws up challenges - from large macroeconomic events to small pricing anomalies - and working out how to make money from a constantly changing environment keeps...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.