Stephanie Carbonneil and Caspar Rock, co-managers of Architas MA Active Intermediate Income, share the ideas powering the fund's outperformance.
What has been the main driver behind the fund's performance over five years? There have been two main drivers of our performance over the past five years. First, is the significant exposure to alternative investments. As an asset class, alternatives have performed well in recent years, as well as providing great diversification. Our holdings in this area have included the TG Rare Infrastructure and John Laing Infrastructure funds, Ground Rents and MedicX. But one fund that has done particularly well recently is CatCo Reinsurance Opportunities, a fund that writes retro-reinsurance...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.