Peter Wall, manager of the Unicorn Mastertrust, tells Rebecca Jones that, while investment trusts might be the dinosaurs of the industry, they are not fossils yet.
1 What is behind the fund's outperformance versus its sector over the last five years? The last five years have been kind to investors in general and investment trusts have outperformed the overall UK equity market. The fund's performance has been driven by the strong performance of smaller companies trusts, both at home and overseas, with impressive returns seen from those specialising in Europe and Japan. A further boost came from the listed private equity sector, where realisation activity has accelerated and discounts have narrowed appreciably from depressed post-crisis levels. ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.