The Association of Investment Companies (AIC) has devised a seven-step guide for advisers to help them prepare for the retail distribution review (RDR).
With 11 months until implementation, the AIC's guide is intended to provide those advisers busy servicing clients and organising their businesses with a roadmap to RDR-readiness. The AIC's seven steps: 1. Decide exactly what service you are offering to clients. 2. Decide who will buy your service at the price asked. 3. Decide how you will deliver that service - get a properly structured process. 4. Have a defined investment philosophy - ensure everyone in your firm agrees, make it jargon-free and make it available to potential and existing clients. 5. Assess your existing k...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.