Demand for income has been a key requirement for many investors. Lauren Mason analyses UK equity income fund data to find the best income producers beyond the headline yield figures.
For years, there has been an ongoing, industry-wide debate as to how investors can measure the attractiveness of an income fund. It is far from simply monitoring a fund's total return, as those looking for an income fund are likely to require regular, reliable and attractive pay-outs as opposed to capital appreciation. This has perhaps become more important over recent years, given that bond yields have been uncharacteristically low due to loose monetary policy, and many equities offering dividend yields have been volatile. As a result, choosing the right equity income fund for a...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.