Darren Dicks discusses how the RDR will affect the provision of retirement advice as well as going through the options available to those retiring in debt.
1. How will RDR affect the provision of retirement advice? The impact of RDR is still unclear and there are many different views. Aviva are sponsoring the money marketing retirement invitationals in June and presenting our views on how it will change the provision of advice. Please look out for the dates near you. In short, the key change for retirement advice is customer segmentation and a clear understanding of the cost to serve a client on a non-advised and an advised basis. It's clear that annuities can be sold on a non-advised basis and for many people with small funds an annuity i...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.