Question: Where do unit-linked guarantees fit in as part of a retirement strategy?
Answer - Colin Bell, European variable annuity product director, Aegon With the long-established trend by employers away from defined benefit pensions, initially for new entrants but more recently also for future accrual, and State-funded pension under pressure, individuals are increasingly being faced with less dependable future income in retirement. Furthermore, the typical alternative of the defined contribution scheme transfers all the risks associated with eventual retirement income from the employer to the individual. The question is whether individual savers would be comfortabl...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.