Question: What are the different types of bonuses you offer on your unit links and what guarantees does my plan have?
Answer - Colin Bell, European variable annuity product director, Aegon You ask about ‘bonuses’ in your question and I wonder whether there’s some confusion here with with-profits investments. However, if you are referring to the step-up features, which enable unit-linked guarantee investors to lock in higher levels of guarantee if strong investment performance increases the account value, then we have two types. A ‘monthiversary’ ratchet apples for our Secure Income and Secure Lifetime Income guarantee options (including under the Trustee Investment Plan). On each yearly policy anniver...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.