Question: What are you doing to allay customer concerns about the longevity of this market?
Answer - Colin Bell, European variable annuity product director, Aegon There are two aspects to this. Firstly, in terms of the consumer need that these products satisfy, I think that the need for capital or income guarantees underpinning defined contribution pensions or other unit-linked savings is here to stay. In fact, I can only see the need increasing over time as more and more consumers find themselves taking the risks on their future retirement benefits rather than their employer. The second aspect is the longevity of the companies operating in the market. Clearly, these ar...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.