Prime Minister Theresa May has set out the specific hour the UK will leave the EU.
According to the PM "11pm GMT on 29 March 2019" is the specific date and time of Brexit and will be put into law in an amendment to the EU withdrawal bill. In a piece in the Telegraph, May said the decision to put the exact timing "on the front page" of the bill showed the government was determined to see the process through. "Let no-one doubt our determination or question our resolve, Brexit is happening," the Prime Minister wrote. "It will be there in black and white on the front page of this historic piece of legislation: the United Kingdom will be leaving the EU on March 29, 20...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.