Churchouse Financial Planning's Keith Churchouse has just published his first book, Sign here, here and here!...Journey of a Financial Adviser.
The easily accessible book is aimed at guiding advisers through all stages of their career from getting their first job in finance to running their own business.
Keith drew on all his 25 years experience in the financial services industry when writing the book. He is also planning a sequel later in the year called Addicted to Wedding Cake which will focus on divorce planning; an area where Keith is a specialist.
Here we select some of the top tips from Keith's first book which is now available from Amazon, WH Smith, Waterstones, Kindle and Sony E Reader. A donation from each sale will be given to the Association for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus: www.asbah.org.
Keith's Top Tips
- To be a great adviser you need to be both financial adviser and personal counselor equally
- Embrace legislative change and regulation; it will not stand still. It is good practice and will service to protect both your clients and your own business.
- Reinvent yourself regularly, embrace change or get out. You could get into a rut if you don't keep fresh.
- Always be prepared to adjust your process to reach the client concerned-although you will need to listen to their needs.
- Understand the remuneration package and the process of its training application to understand the potential of on target earnings. And when you think you have got it straight, read it again carefully.
- Thinking you are good, starting your own business on the back of that belief and then making it pay are three very different situations. Understand and plan for this.
- Cash-flow is king in any business and as a business owner you must never take your eye off it. Check your bank account every day.
Develop ‘soft skills’
Governance reforms expected in May
Strategic partnership between firms
Catching up with the Influencers