Not only a change of Prime Minister and Chancellor announced since last I wrote - but a change of editor as well!
Change is seemingly inevitable – except from a vending machine!
This observation was sent to me by a colleague along with a number of others known as “Murphy’s Lesser Known Laws”. So, rather than write my usual style of blog this month, I thought I would try a change of approach and share these with you.
The blog-writers at IFAonline rely on your feedback so if you would like to see more of these make sure you let us know.
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
- He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
- Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
- The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
- If you lined up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them, five or six at a time, on a hill, in the fog.
- The things that come to those who wait will be the things left by those who got there first.
- Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
- The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.
- A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
- When you go into court, you are putting yourself in the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.
Richard Leeson is international relations manager at Prudential.
The views expressed are those of the author and not those of the company he represents.IFAonline
No preferred charging model
To 1,552 families and businesses
HL and Liberty SIPP slowest
Lifetime and annual allowances