Sixteen advisory firms have been declared in default in the Financial Services Compensation Scheme's (FSCS) latest round-up of failed financial businesses.
A declaration of default means the scheme is satisfied a firm is unable to pay claims for compensation made against it, and opens the way for customers of that firm to make a claim.
The 16 life and pensions or investments businesses affected are:
- Ashley Investment Consultants
- MCM Independent Financial Advisers (formerly M.H.C Financial Services)
- PSJ Financial Services; Results Financial
- RTP Independent Mortgages & Financial Services
- Blake Independent Financial Services
- Angela Murfitt Financial Strategy
- Hobson Financial Planning
- City Equities
- Martin-Watson Financial Management (formerly ICP Financial Management)
- Midland Commercial (formerly Midland Commercial Insurance Services)
- Dolben Insurance Services
- Keep It Simple Financial Management
- The Davidson Clifford Practice
- Bervale Mead Insurance Brokers
IA sectors – help or hindrance?
Despite multiple complaints
Annuity market worth £4bn in 2017
For ‘distress’ caused