Edinburgh Fund Managers will be hosting a series of nationwide seminars for IFAs, aimed at pres...
Edinburgh Fund Managers will be hosting a series of nationwide seminars for IFAs, aimed at presenting the benefits and opportunities facing IFAs following the recent changes to Pep legislation. The seminars will also focus on how IFAs can ensure they continue to make existing Pep investments work harder for their clients.
The seminars will take place throughout England, Ireland and Scotland from the 14 to 23 May, 2001 and will commence at the company's Edinburgh headquarters.
There will be presentations made by Edinburgh Fund Managers' Harry Morgan, managing director, private clients division; Ken Wilson, senior portfolio manager, private clients division; and Jon Hodesdon, managing director of intermediary sales.
Marianne Cantley, marketing director commented: "Following the end of the Isa season, this is a good time for IFAs to consider reviewing their clients' existing portfolios. In volatile markets it becomes even more important for IFAs to monitor existing portfolios to ensure that they are achieving an appropriate level of diversity."
Topics to be discussed in detail are:
- Changes to Pep legislation and the opportunities arising which will allow more flexibility and choice for investors.
- A background to fund of funds and how the options available offer an effective method of achieving diversification and active management.
- A look at the investment process and which methods are appropriate for particular circumstances.
- Portfolio planning and issues which should be addressed when choosing an investment portfolio for clients.
- An overview of Global Markets.
IFAs wishing to reserve a place at the seminars should call the IFA Support Team on 0800 917 5678, or email [email protected]
What made financial headlines over the weekend?
To promote 'long-term investment'
Switching 'hard and expensive'
Smaller funds still packing a punch