In the latest Big Debate, our panelists from GAM and Rathbone Unit Trust Management discussed how to select the right outsource investment partner?
Selecting the right partner solution is one of the hardest decisions an adviser has to make as they develop their business for the new RDR world.
- What are the main questions advisers need to ask?
- What are the differences between using a DPM, a DFM, or a multi-manager from a performance perspective?
- What about the cost structure and how that impacts on an adviser's charging model?
- What are an adviser's responsibilities with regards to reporting procedures?
- And crucially, how does an adviser know that the outsourced solution matches a client's risk profile and meets the desired outcome?
All these issues will be debated and advisers will be able to quiz the participants live.
On the panel:
Charles Hepworth, Investment Director and Head of GAM's Model Portfolio Service
Mike Webb, Chief Executive Officer, Rathbone Unit Trust Management
To promote 'long-term investment'
Switching 'hard and expensive'
Smaller funds still packing a punch
To drive progress