The 2017 Schroders UK Platform Awards, which will take place at the London Hilton on Park Lane on 26 September, sees the introduction of a new award for the leading platform for discretionary fund manager (DFM) model portfolio services.
The leading providers of model portfolio services are to be asked to vote for the best platforms in this category, taking into account the following criteria:
* Ease of setting up the portfolios on the platform;
* Quality of training and support provided to ensure the platform functionality and processes are understood by the DFM;
* Range of assets and investment types provided for model portfolios;
* Ease of rebalancing the portfolios or adding and removing funds;
* Quality of the reporting functionality for the DFM;
* Quality and responsiveness of support for enquiries and any problem resolution; and
* Additional support - for example an adviser website for provision of information on the DFM model portfolio proposition and DFMs available.
The awards' organiser Clive Waller (pictured) said: "In what is the biggest event in the platform and technology calendar, it is imperative to recognise change.
"We appreciate an increasing number of financial advisers are outsourcing the IP for their model portfolios to discretionary fund managers who are often managing these portfolios on platforms. Some platforms, however, are more geared up to run these models than others."
The judging criteria have been provided by DFM consultancy, Discus, which is also managing the voting process, while the award is sponsored by data publisher, FE, which is encouraging DFMs to make their performance and charges data available to advisers on its platform.
For nomination and entry details for the awards, please email here
To book a table or sponsor an award, please email here
This year the Schroders UK Platform Awards will be supporting the Mines Advisory Group charity
The chairman isn’t answering his email
Reforms not enough
An economic cocktail
To encourage consumers to shop around
Will report to Pat Shea