Jupiter vice-chairman Edward Bonham Carter is kick-starting the asset management industry's CASCAID charity campaign to raise over £1m for Cancer Reseach UK with a sponsored skydive, while on holiday in New Zealand this week.
Bonham Carter (pictured) joins more than 100 high-profile investment figures including CEOs, fund managers and wealth managers who will be taking part in a range of challenges over the coming months to support the new industry-wide charity initiative. To support him, click here.
Among the oher industry 'ambassadors' taking part, who will also spearhead fundraising at their own companies, are BMO GAM multi-manager heads Gary Potter and Rob Burdett. The pair will be taking a Grand Tour of the UK in a Reliant Robin to raise money.
Other industry ambassadors involved in their respective challenges include:
• Simon Brazier and Investec team Six peaks challenge (three in the UK and three in South Africa)
• Chelsea Financial Services' Darius McDermott 24-hour dart-a-thon
• Jonathan Polin Cycle around all of Sanlam UK's offices (850 miles)
• Henderson CEO Andrew Formica Abseil down the Broadgate Tower, London, with a team of fund managers
• OMGI's Richard Buxton Night walk half marathon
• M&G's Jim Leaviss Cycle up 100 of Europe's toughest climbs
• JPMAM's Jasper Berens Skydive
• M&G sales team Cycle London to Paris
• Fidelity sales team Cycle to Amsterdam
• Aviva Investors UK Wholesale team Climing 3,225m via Mount Tofana di Rozes in the Italian Dolomites
• Incisive Media (parent company of Professional Adviser and Investment Week) Hosting a quiz night
Other challenges will include:
• Weightlifting one million kilos in a year (equivalent to lifting a person up 45 times a day, every day)
• Cycling around Lake Geneva in a day (200k)
• Climb Ben Nevis
• Canoe the Thames (125 miles over four days), and
• A chess challenge.
Screens now device-responsive
First downgrade since 1989
VCTs missing from manifesto
‘Part of retirement savings’
What frequency delivers best for clients?