Best Offshore Fund (over three years) Best Offshore Fund Range 1. Sectors must have 10 or more f...
Best Offshore Fund (over three years)
Best Offshore Fund Range
1. Sectors must have 10 or more funds with three years' performance.
2. Money market funds to be excluded.
3. Small funds with less than £5m assets under management to be excluded.
4. Funds must have a 3-year track record. Performance to be measured over three consecutive discrete annual periods in order to identify funds that have been consistently good performers over the 3 years. The discrete performance periods were Jan 2000-Jan 2001, Jan 2001-Jan 2002, Jan 2002-Jan 2003.
5. Funds to be ranked by percentile over each discrete period against other qualifying funds in the sector. The three discrete percentile rankings for each fund were combined.
6. Percentile rankings are weighted as follows: 40% for 2002-2003, 30% 2001-2002, 30% 2000-2001.
7. The best performing funds are those with the lowest weighted average percentile ranking.
8. Performance was calculated on a bid-bid, gross income reinvested, currency GB pounds.
Slow progress in improving diversity
Share purchase deal with assets of £28m
Came into effect in January
Three examples of compensation rule issues
Buying in baskets