Pensions minster Steve Webb has reiterated his commitment to implementing a cap on pension charges, saying "nothing has changed" as a result of responses to the official consultation.
Speaking on Monday evening, Webb said he remained committed to implementing a cap on pension scheme charges despite reports earlier this month that suggested the proposal had been delayed for at least 12 months.
He said: "Some of what is 'leaking out' is complete nonsense. Let me be absolutely clear, our commitment to value for money has not changed.
"There is nothing in the consultation responses that challenges our principle that we need to act to give good value for money. Further details will be released as soon as we possibly can."
Webb said the cap for auto-enrolment schemes - proposed at between 0.75% and 1% - was envisaged to fit with a developing auto-enrolment market. But it could be lowered in the future, once the marketplace settles down.
"The market is still evolving. What we don't want is a situation where there is only one provider. What we want to establish is a balance between value for money and not choking off supply," the minister said.
Elsewhere, Webb said he was committed to making the pensions industry work better for the consumer, adding the consumer backed pot-follows-member. He added senior industry figures also thought it was a good idea - despite negative representations many had made in public.
He said his shortlist of achievements in office included the creation of the single-tier state pension, delivering automatic enrolment successfully and securing the state pension triple lock. Webb said if he could change one thing it would be to raise the state pension age more gradually.
The minister also said he hoped his defined ambition plans would come to fruition in this parliamentary session.
What made financial headlines over the weekend?
Developed by industry-wide group
Joined in 2002
'Educate clients' children'
Raised £15m earlier this week