People living in the Somerset village of Hinton St George have the longest life expectancy in the country, according to research from Towers Watson.
Average male retirees who live there are expected to live to 88.7 years, female villagers can expect to live to 91.6 years.
Hinton St George narrowly topped Aldeburgh (Suffolk) and Frinton-on-Sea (Essex). Seaview (Isle of Wight) and Ferndown (Dorset) complete the top five.
The study of mortality rates among people receiving occupational pensions found retirees in Bootle (Merseyside) are expected to die at a younger average ages than anywhere else in the UK - 84.9 years for a man and 89.0 years for a woman.
Salford, Greater Manchester, has the second lowest life expectancy in England.
Analysis from the consultant found UK postal towns with the highest life expectancy are almost all in the South of England - the only exception in the top 15 is Talybont (Merionethshire, Gwynedd).
Besides Bootle, the areas with the very lowest life expectancy are all in either Northern Ireland (including Castlederg and Strabane, both County Tyrone) or Scotland (including Saltcoats - one of four Ayrshire towns in the bottom 15).
Top 15 postal towns by life expectancy at age 65
1. HINTON ST GEORGE (Somerset) 88.7 91.6
2. ALDEBURGH (Suffolk) 88.7 91.6
3. FRINTON-ON-SEA (Essex) 88.5 91.8
4. SEAVIEW (Isle of Wight) 88.5 91.5
5. FERNDOWN (Dorset) 88.4 91.5
6. LYME REGIS (Dorset) 88.4 91.5
7. SALCOMBE (Devon) 88.4 91.4
8. BROADSTONE (Dorset) 88.5 91.3
9. BUDLEIGH SALTERTON (Devon) 88.4 91.3
10. BEMBRIDGE (Isle of Wight) 88.4 91.4
11. TALYBONT (Gwynedd) 88.3 91.4
12. SIDMOUTH (Devon) 88.3 91.4
13. STANMORE (Middlesex) 88.5 91.2
14. POLEGATE (Sussex) 88.3 91.4
15. WINCHELSEA (Sussex) 88.2 91.4
Putting the tech into protection
Square Mile’s series of informal interviews
Fallout from Haywood suspension
Launching later in 2019
£80bn funds under calculation