Winterthur Life has launched an enhanced online adviser tool for investments including the ability analyse holdings of third party products.
The service builds on Winterthur’s existing services and tools to create a tool designed to help advisers and their clients work out the best method of asset allocation for their portfolio.
Winterthur says it decided to improve the existing online tools following research it carried out among High Net Worth (HNW) clients of advisers, where investments was one of the top three reasons, at slightly below 80%, for visiting an IFA, just behind the surprisingly in demand service of will writing.
In addition the research reveals 36% of HNW clients prefer to do their own research on funds while 50% will make their own investment decisions, which Winterthur says shows the beginning of a distancing away from independent advice.
As a result the new service aims to provide more information for the adviser on the client, as well as offering access to an extensive database, the ability to do stochastically modelled projection on both past and future performance, and the ability to model third party products outside of Winterthur.
In addition Winterthur says some of the services the new tools will provide include:
- Comprehensive investment analysis and research of all UK unit trusts, OEICs, life and pension funds, including asset allocation across 12 classes with latest price information from Financial Express
- The ‘Explore Portfolio’ feature to scan client portfolios, providing in depth information on asset allocation and portfolio construction
- Charting which shows portfolio and fund level analysis, asset allocation and exposure, and comparisons between different products both from Winterthur and third parties
- It can also show a clients portfolio split into asset classes, geographical location, the top 10 holdings and the risk metrics of particular assets
- Fund factsheets, which are branded for Winterthur products and straightforward data from Financial Express on third party products are available for advisers to print out
Winterthur says while the new tool provides a lot of data, including a number of research tables which may only be suitable for advisers with specific investment experience, it points out as each part of the tool can be used in isolation IFAs can pick and choose what they need.
To make it easier for advisers to navigate around the extranet site where the tools are, Winterthur says it has tried to use tools which are widely used on the web such as the zoom functions and search tools so even non-technologically minded IFAs can benefit from the data.
David Thompson, director of distribution at Winterthur Life, says by enabling advisers to analyse information on non Winterthur holdings as well, the new adviser services solution provides a comprehensive client ad portfolio analysis capability.
He adds: “The service is a powerful example of Winterthur’s continuing commitment to the adviser community, to help improve back office efficiencies at adviser firms and at Winterthur, and to help advisers provide even greater professional support to their clients.”
If you have any comments you would like to add to this story or would like to speak to its author about a similar subject, telephone Nyree Stewart on 020 7968 4558 or email [email protected]IFAonline
Clarke replacing Balkham
'Deep-dive analysis of client behaviour'
Ways to mitigate April’s increases
The best equity income funds examined