New national IFA 2plan has set itself the ambitious target of recruiting 1,000 IFA members over the next five years.
Founded by financial services veterans Chris Smallwood and Chris Davies, 2plan aims to provide its members with a full technology, regulatory and administrative structure to support their businesses.
Standard Life owns 15% of the business with Smallwood and Davies controlling the remaining 85%.
However, the firm is offering the first 100 IFAs to join 2plan a chance to hold founder status and subscribe for shares in the business.
The company, which received FSA authorisation in April this year, focuses mainly on investment and pensions with some coverage of protection.
On joining 2plan, IFAs will receive a customised computer which will allow them to create client profiles, sales information and customer care processes. 2plan will also offer a service for IFAs providing them with portfolio recommendations, including advising on which provider to choose.
Chris Smallwood, chief executive of 2plan, says the company would appeal to smaller IFA firms and could take advantage of the demise of networks in recent years.
He says: “In the last couple of years, more and more IFAs have been leaving networks and going directly regulated. They are trying to operate with a myriad of systems and are spending a lot of time on compliance and technology. 2plan can provide a good offer for them with all the services under one roof.”
He says the firm will be targeting IFAs from across the industry including those currently in a network.
On joining 2plan, they will pay one retention fee giving them access to all the company’s services.
To view more information on the company or sign up, go to www.2plan.com
To make any comments on this story contact:
Tel: 0207 034 2637
Email: [email protected]IFAonline
‘Most significant’ upgrade since launch
Changes happening over coming months
Had accepted British Steel business
Aimed at HNW clients and family groups
Set for 1 April 2019