IFA coach Adviser Breakthrough Solution will be running two technical training days later this month aimed at IFAs wishing to keep themselves up-to-date with tax legislation.
The two training days, which will be focusing on the aspects of capital and income taxation relevant to advisers, will be taking place on the 23rd June and 29th June.
Capital taxation will be discussed during the first session and subjects will include:
- Basic principals of capital gains tax
- Holdover relief
- Principal private residence
- Capital gains tax strategies
- Family asset transfers
- CGT Succession planning
- Basic principles of inheritance tax
- Chargable lifetime transfers
During the second session, income taxation will be discussed and it will covering following topics:
- Employment income
- Schedule D income
- tax rates
- Child tax credit
- Employed or self-employed tax planning
- Film partnerships and other schedule D schemes - post 10th February 2004
- Creating a tax loss by using an insurance bond
IFAs who would like to attend the two training sessions, could reserve a seat by contacting Sheila Jennings on 023 8061 1666, or alternatively by e-mailing [email protected]IFAonline
What made financial headlines over the weekend?
To promote 'long-term investment'
Switching 'hard and expensive'
Smaller funds still packing a punch