The Society of Financial Advisers has also published a revised "mission statement, vision and values for the future", following the LIA's EGM this morning on its own trade body reforms.
Mission Statement for SOFA
To be recognised as the professional body of choice by:
- Those who pursue a career in financial services;
- Consumers who seek advice from financial firms;
- Commentators on financial matters;
- Policy makers, and
- The financial services regulator.
SOFA will achieve this by:
- Encouraging and supporting those who are following a career in financial services to enhance their level of knowledge and skill on a continuing basis.
- Provision of a programme of training support to those who follow a career in financial services that is relevant to their need and which is of a high standard of technical accuracy.
- Laying down and enforcing standards of conduct and ensuring that its membership understands and follows such standards.
- Promoting to the public at large the benefits of high quality financial advice and in particular the benefits of purchasing such advice from someone who is a member of the leading professional body.
- Making relevant and timely comment on policy discussions which have an impact upon the delivery of professional financial advice.
- Acting as a centre of technical excellence and good practice that can be accessed by members, commentators, regulators and policy makers.
- Working with the CII as the examining body by offering help and support in the development of professional standards and in the award of qualifications.
SOFA Vision and Values
To be recognised as the organisation that was instrumental in turning financial advice from an industry to a profession.
Open and honest
Directors, members and staff will be open and honest in their dealings with each other subject to the normal rules of commercial confidentiality.
Members and staff should feel able to make a positive challenge to each other and have the right to expect a courteous and considered response to a challenge.
Members and staff will use their best endeavours to ensure that communication between each other is effective, concise and accurate.
Members and staff will abide by the code of conduct laid down by the Society and will use best endeavours to ensure that the Society is not brought into disrepute as a result of their actions.
Members and staff are committed to enhancing their knowledge and skills on a continual basis through a range of development activities.
Attitude to Membership
SOFA members are highly valued as the lifeblood of the Society and should be treated courteously and helpfully on every occasion.
18 new entrants featured
Recommended cash offer
Latest news and analysis
Second London acquisition in three years
Partner Insight: Continuing the Architas education series for clients.