IFAonline is hosting a roundtable discussion very soon which looks the impact of government proposals for the housing market, as well as regulation and the changing mortgage sector.
We'd like your thoughts to find out your top five concerns about the mortgage advice process, as well as any other reforms or proposals which you think might improve life for the mortgage intermediary as well as the consumer.
Just some of the issues you might consider within your thinking are:
- Can consumers afford to own their own homes?
- Consumer understanding of the mortgage sector
- How could mortgage regulation be reduced?
- Can the paperwork process for advice be simplified?
- Are there too many types of mortgage product in the market?
- Eligiblity for a 'standard' mortgage and growth of the non-conforming market
- Is there a market for long-term fixed rate loans?
We'll use your thoughts as part of a filmed debate between mortgage intermediaries and industry representatives for our next edition of IFAonline TV, so if there is anything you would like to see change in the mortgage market or think could benefit consumers, send your thoughts to Julie Henderson at [email protected].IFAonline
Paul Bruns and Elaine Parkes
3,000 left to transfer
Record numbers of people aged 90 plus
From 3 to 10 October