Winterthur Life is to run a series of adviser workshops over the next six weeks to help them identify specific business opportunities post A-Day.
The workshops will run throughout the UK from 10 April to 23 May, with presentations by Winterthur pension specialists Mike Morrison and Vince Smith-Hughes.
They will last for one and a half hours and will include a post A-Day update on inheritance tax and recycling of tax free cash, along with information on the ‘at retirement’ changes, such as the Alternatively Secured Pension (ASP), commercial property and how to make the most of new opportunities.
Workshops will be held at locations across the UK including, Belfast, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Cardiff, London and Inverness, with sessions held in both the morning and afternoon.
Mike Morrison, pensions strategy director at Winterthur Life, says: “IFAs are starting to turn their attention towards how to take their business forward after 6 April. The workshops have been designed to focus specifically on the practicalities of doing this and highlight a number of great opportunities.”
Dates for workshops are below, for more information contact the Winterthur Life Adviser Support Unit.
- Hilton Hotel, Belfast -10 April
- Marcliffe at Pitfodels, Aberdeen – 11 April
- Hilton Hotel, Dundee – 11 April
- Sheraton Grand Hotel, Edinburgh – 12 April
- Radisson SAS Hotel, Glasgow – 12 April
- De Vere Dunston Hall, Norwich – 18 April
- Waterfront Place, Chelmsford – 19 April
- Thistle Hotel, St Albans – 19 April
- De Vere Grand Hotel, Brighton – 20 April
- Marriott Gosforth Park Hotel, Newcastle – 24 April
- Rheged Conference Centre, Penrith – 25 April
- Crowne Plaza City Centre, Liverpool – 26 April
- Mere Golf & Country Club, Manchester – 26 April
- Thistle East Midlands Airport Hotel, Derby – 27 April
- Hilton Hotel, Northampton – 27 April
- Aztec Hotel, Bristol – 3 May
- Compass Inn, Bath – 3 May
- Thistle Hotel, Cheltenham – 4 May
- Hilton Metropole, Birmingham – 4 May
- Madejski Stadium, Reading – 9 May
- Hilton Hotel, Southampton – 9 May
- Holiday Inn, Guildford – 16 May
- Copthorne Effingham Park, Gatwick – 16 May
- Vale Hotel Golf & Spa Resort, Cardiff – 17 May
- Hotel Russell, London – 18 May
- Drumossie House, Inverness – 22 May
- Rudding Park, Harrogate – 23 May
- Hilton Hotel, Sheffield – 23 May
If you have any comments you would like to add to this story or would like to speak to its author about a similar subject, telephone Nyree Stewart on 020 7968 4558 or email [email protected]IFAonline
The increase in minimum AE contributions has had little impact on opt-out rates - with cessations after April increasing by less than two percentage points, data from The Pensions Regulator (TPR) shows.
Follows string of appointments
Follows acquisition of BlackRock's DC platform
‘In the know’
£116.8m of benefits received by customers