Target Audience: Following the Retail Distribution Review, all IFAs will be committed to taking 25 hours CPD each year. IFAonline are developing a portal to provide professional and up to date training through e-learning for this market.
With over 30,000 registered users, IFAonline already has access to the majority of IFAs. At the moment this audience will use a variety of methods to receive their training. By providing IFAs with e-learning we are making it easier for them to fulfil this obligation at a time and place of their own choosing.
The format would be a series of courses which each last between 30 and 60 minutes. The subjects will be presented by professional trainers. Sponsorship opportunities exist for the portal as a whole, and for specific subjects. This video is a sample. It is shorter than a course would be, but illustrates the approach that will be taken.
The following course titles will be developed for each group of advisers.
- Regulation overview for Mortgage Advisers
- Other Statutory requirements e.g. DPA and AML
- Marketing and advertising rules
- Conducting mortgage sales
- Providing and evidencing advice
- Dealing with Mortgage risk
- Equity release schemes
- Appropriate protection for borrowers
- Supervising mortgage advisers
- Taxation and benefits knowledge for mortgage advisers
- Regulation overview for IFAs including RDR
- Complaints procedures
- Legal Principles e.g. agency and utmost good faith
- Ethical behaviour
- Fact Finding
- Three subjects on Addressing Needs
- Protection Policies
- Savings and Investments
- Retirement Planning
- Wills and Trusts
- Six subjects on Compliance/regulation:
- Handling Client Money
- Conflicts of Interest
- Financial Crime
- Agency law
- Complaints Handling
These six subjects are unlikely to disappear in 2012 when the FSA changes its identity.
- As firms adjust their business models to ensure survival in the new environment, these seven subjects on Management and Business will be essential:
- Appraisal survival skills
- Presentations – advanced platform delivery techniques
- Basic business finance
- Time Management
- Personal effectiveness
- Negotiating optimum outcomes
- Managing meetings
What frequency delivers best for clients?
Alleged fraud occurred between 2011 and 2017
WMA to hold its vote on 31 May
First of two articles
Newer policies offer longer terms