IFA's, appreciate better than most, there has been a major change in the global markets, both in underlying fundamentals and in peoples' perceptions and attitudes.
In the UK, as elsewhere, many peoples' investments have suffered, whether it's their share portfolios, their properties or their pension plans. They are understandably cautious and unsure of what to do for their future - leading to inaction on their part.
The need is clear
Intelligent and financially-aware investors - who tend to be your best, long-term clients - have never needed your advice so much. So there is a clear and present opportunity for those advisers who can quickly react to the new environment. Those who utilise new strategies and techniques in concert with their relationship expertise and knowledge of their individual clients, will reap the rewards. Perhaps counter-intuitively, this is a major opportunity to step ahead - provided you know you have a powerful, comprehensive plan working behind the scenes for you. This is exactly the proposition Russell Investments is in a position to deliver to you.
The Russell philosophy focuses on service not selling
We find this leads to better business - for both our advisers and us. We believe in building long-term relationships with advisers, just as you do with your clients.
Sharing and making relevant our in-depth information is central to how we operate.
We realise that the more knowledge you have, the better you can serve your clients, to the advantage of us both.
We have undertaken extensive research into the current needs of advisers in the UK. This has enabled us to put together a proposition that we believe delivers innovation, flexibility and reliability. It includes:
Continuous, in-depth investment research Russell's research lets you use the prevailing market environment to your competitive advantage. You'll find all information clearly organised by products, services, tools and support programmes - so it's quickly accessible, whatever your purpose.
• You can maintain real flexibility of advice and have complete confidence in your product choice for each of your clients, without loss of control.
• A sophisticated asset allocation process combined with client-ready materials make it easy for you to streamline your advice, and retain flexibility.
• A selection of fund share class pricing options designed to support a range of transaction to fee client migration strategies.
The path to success
We don't pretend that the wealth of knowledge we offer you can be absorbed in weeks, or even months. When you select Russell to be your investment partner, you'll discover our Roadmap development programme. This innovative and wide-ranging resource gives you the latest knowledge on all aspects of your business, enabling you to make your processes more efficient and more compliant, and allowing you to give best advice with total confidence.
We would say that you'll be gaining invaluable knowledge and skills - boosting your achievements and enhancing your expertise - now and in the years to come.
The time we invest in your business demonstrates our commitment to your long-term goals. Over time, we want to build a relationship that:
• Supports your execution of excellent client experiences.
• Leads to increased value for your firm.
• Promotes competitive differentiation.
• Works towards achieving a reliable, fiduciary foundation.
Our suite of simple products for advisers is the result of a highly complex series of processes.
Essentially, we have done the hard work, so you can sit with each of your clients and know you can give them the investment solution they need - whatever their circumstances, whatever their objectives and whatever the level of risk they want.
This is how we do it.
We ruthlessly select the best
We employ more than 500 investment professionals, as part of a global team that researches investment markets and the fund managers investing in those markets. This dedicated team continually filters a universe of 10,000 managers to identify and bring you what Russell believes are the best.
We diversify for smoother, better performance
We believe the best portfolios are diversified. That's why every Russell portfolio is strategically diversified across asset classes, investment styles and money managers. A portfolio diversified at these three levels helps manage risk and lets you confidently pursue your clients' long-term investment goals.
We bring simplicity from complexity
Finally, we synthesise this huge amount of information into simple funds that align with the four core components of most investment portfolios:
• UK growth assets - predominantly UK equities, but possibly also other sterling-denominated growth assets such as certain corporate bonds.
• International growth assets - predominantly non UK equities, but possibly also other non sterling-denominated growth assets such as certain, non UK corporate bonds.
• Real assets - property, infrastructure, commodities and inflation-linked investments such as index-linked Gilts.
• Defensive assets - UK and other government bonds, high grade UK and non UK corporate bonds, and other absolute return focused investment strategies.
Complete flexibility of asset allocation
You can choose to work through the process yourself, or leave it to us.
You can follow our asset allocation, or we can work to yours - whichever you prefer. We have a suite of tools that you can use to guide your asset allocation decisions, including a proposal generator, or you can simply use our models.
Essentially, you can combine our four funds together in differing proportions to provide your clients with any mix of risk. So each client receives a customised portfolio, with an impressive story to back it up.
Better business for you
The result of this huge amount of ongoing research, continuous modelling and product refining is that:
• You can outsource, but retain strategic asset allocation control.
• The graduated share class choices means you can migrate your clients to a fee based model.
• You benefit from an experienced, professional team that work with you to build your firm's value.
We firmly believe that working with Russell Investments is something that will make life better for you - and your clients.
Put us to the test. Call us now.
1. Speak to your Regional Director who will become your personal contact.
020 7024 6601
2. Visit our UK website and find out more about what we do and how we do it. Then call us.
3. Find out more about our unique programme that helps advisers build a better and profitable business. You can take part.
Begin your journey today
£1bn business since inception
Considered doing so in 2015
Client communication considerations
Aviva: ‘We are sorry’
FOI from Professional Adviser